Friday 17 June 2016

To Colour or not To Colour! - Game Studies Week 1

Choosing the topic

For this research I chose to do Colour, more importantly exploring how colour can is used and how it plays on human psychology. The main reason for me to choose this subject in particular because of how little I actually know about colour and how it can be used. When it comes to creating artwork I’ve always prefered working in black and white and working with values, mainly drawing and shading with pencil. I’ve recently tried to do more art using colour to broaden and hopefully improve my ability to use colour. One of the things about this that I found most troubling was thinking of where to begin. There are so many colours, and how do you know you’re making the right choice when you pick a colour? Its this same question that got me wondering about if there were any specific set of rules to use when creating items in colour. I felt that gaining the knowledge to know that using a certain colour because it helps the overall composition and that it actually has a meaning to its use not just because of the atheistic. So far I’ve found a lot of readings to go through that are really interesting. I never knew actually till now that Sir Isaac Newton had pioneered the original colour wheel. I’ve always thought that he was only really known for his discovering the forces of gravity. This week I’ve also learnt about how the colour wheel was made, and that all colour is a byproduct of light. From my understanding of what Ive read is that the light from the sun is projected on to the objects around us, the colours we see are the wavelengths that did not get absorbed by the object that the light is touching. This is an interesting topic however there is a lot of information to process.

No comments:

Post a Comment